Dec 8, 2007

Of the stories so far...

I prefer "The Black Cat" over "The Purloined Letter". I cannot easily expain why, but I suppose the plot of "The Black Cat" had just appealed to me considerably more than "The Purloined Letter". Now I think that the flow of the two stories differs considerably, because I honestly think "The Puroined Letter" took too long just to get to the point. It woud have been much more captivating if the story had moved faster and Dupin hadn't spent a number of pages explaining things about clever children and mathematical equations.

I'm being honest, Dupin simply wasted his fictional breath by giving a long story to a simple question. Also, there was no murder in "The Puroined Letter", but Bill killed his wife in "The Back Cat". I think Bill had more fun. (:P)

No comments: